Play Con Policies
Welcome to Play Con, where we’re dedicated to making your gaming convention experience unforgettable. It’s not just a gathering; it’s a shared adventure, and to ensure everyone’s enjoyment, we’ve crafted some simple but essential guidelines for your perusal. If you ever need clarification or have inquiries regarding any policy, don’t hesitate to reach out to us at [email protected]
- Comply with event policies, venue regulations, and staff directives.
- Refrain from running, jumping, throwing, or any unsafe behaviour.
- Support fellow attendees in maintaining a safe and secure atmosphere.
- Report any concerns to Play Con volunteers or organisers.
- Avoid harassing fellow attendees, staff, or vendors.
- Respect personal boundaries, both physical and social, and personal property.
- No stealing, cheating, trolling, or griefing allowed.
Having a Blast
- Remember to eat, sleep, shower, and maintain good personal hygiene.
- Make a new friend.
- Dive into games.
- Explore and enjoy!
Everyone is expected to observe common-sense rules of behaviour, courtesy, and respect. Harassment or offensive conduct is unwelcome and will not be tolerated. Play Con reserves the right to revoke membership and badges, with no refunds, for non-compliance.
Prohibited Items at the Convention Center:
- Drones, helium balloons, and other airborne objects or devices.
- Skateboards, roller skates, non-mobility scooters.
- Pets (except service animals; emotional support animals are not allowed).
- Smoking and vaping are strictly prohibited.
No distributing flyers, posting, or promotional activities of any kind within or around the convention grounds, including hotels. Violation may lead to ejection from the convention and badge revocation without refund.
The venue provides security personnel to ensure everyone’s safety. Please show them the respect they deserve. Failure to comply with their instructions may result in immediate expulsion without refund.
Costumes and Weapons Cosplayers
- Attire must provide coverage similar to that expected at an all-ages public beach (no speedos, thongs, or G-strings).
- Footwear is mandatory at all times.
- Costumes must allow for easy movement and fit through a standard doorway.
- No sharp edges or points that could harm others.
- No smoke, odors, or fog.
- Avoid offensive symbols or messages.
- No obscene or offensive language or images.
- No representations of prejudice or bigotry.
- No modern military uniforms (except active-duty personnel).
- Audio and lighting elements should be reasonable and easily turned off if disruptive.
Weapons and Props
- Historical or modern weapons are not allowed.
- Fantasy or sci-fi/futuristic weapons are permitted if they don’t resemble real ones.
- No live steel or projectile-firing weapons.
- Items must not exceed the height of a standard doorway (2100mm).
- Noise-making props should be adjustable and non-disruptive.
Questionable items can be inspected at the Information Desk during convention hours. Play Con staff or security personnel may inspect items or costumes at any time; non-compliance may result in immediate removal from the convention.
If you have questions about these policies, contact Play Con at [email protected] or visit the Information Desk during convention hours.
Please vacate event rooms after each session; attendees cannot remain for subsequent events. Items left behind may be relocated or discarded.
Lost and Found Lost items can be found at the Play Con front desk and venue reception desk during the convention. Unclaimed items will be handed over to the convention centre. Label your belongings with contact information to aid in their return.
Play Con is committed to a safe and respectful environment. Harassment in any form is strictly prohibited. This policy covers all convention participants, including attendees, vendors, hosts, and staff. Harassment includes offensive behaviour related to various attributes, and we will not tolerate it.
If you experience or witness harassment, consider the following actions:
- Ask the offender to stop if you feel safe doing so.
- Leave the area if necessary for your well-being.
- Seek assistance from Play Con staff.
- Report the incident to Play Con, on-site or via email at [email protected].
- Contact appropriate authorities if needed.
Based on complaints or reports of harassment, Play Con may take various actions to ensure safety and compliance. We thoroughly investigate all reports.
All attendees (excluding children aged 5 and under) must wear a valid PASS at all times in the convention centre and surrounding areas during gameplay and events. The PASS grants access to the Exhibit Hall, Pre Function room 1, and Pre Function room 2.
Children aged 5 and under are admitted free when accompanied by an attending adult. Parents must register these children at the Play Con desk onsite, receiving a pass with contact information.
On-site Pass Collection begins at the Play Con front desk from Thursday 12:00pm – 6:00pm
Lost and Misplaced Passes
Play Con cannot replace lost, stolen, or forgotten passes. Please take care of your convention materials. Lost items can be repurchased if available, but check with Play Con Lost and Found first.
Ticket refund requests must be made by 10th June 2024 and are subject to a $20 administrative fee per badge. Tickets are non-transferable.
By accepting a Play Con pass, you consent to being recorded for exhibition and exploitation by any means. You release Play Con and Board Game BBQ from liability and agree to comply with all event rules and regulations.
Play Con Event Information
Opening Hours The Exhibit Hall is open from 10 am to 12 am on Friday, July 12th, and Saturday, July 13th, and from 10 am to 6 pm on Sunday, July 14th.
For questions or concerns, contact our Customer Service at [email protected] or visit the front entry desk during the convention.
Pass refund requests must be sent via email before the cutoff date. All other inquiries should be directed to [email protected] with the subject “REFUND REUQEST”
Playtesting and Demonstration of unpublished games is only permissible via invitation to designer alley. Playtesting and demonstrating unpublished games in the free play are will not be permitted.